This scheme is funded by tax money based on the public budget passed by Saxon State Parliament.

Holger Mende
Flag bearers
Nigel Freeman

World Chess Championship for Disabled 2015 - Dresden

Bolat Kabyzhanov: I thank the organizing committee once again and wish all participants health and victories.

Bolat KabyzhanovIndeed, the human cabatilities are infinite. Participants of the World Chess Championship for Disabled once again demonstate to all people inlcuding me that there are no limits for their wish to be here, to be required and wanted, to do an interesting work. As one of our followers said: it doesn’t matter how they play chess – they are winners now.

Bolat Kabyzhanov – a totally blind chess player from Kazakhstan with partial dull hearing – came to Dresden all alone. That’s how big his wish to participate in the championship was. It is pleased to mention that Kazakhstan public as well as just simple people are not indifferent and support their compatriors who face difficulties of any nature. A private sponsor who would like to stay uknown has rendered a financial assistance to Bolat and purchased his ticket to Dresden. This brings hope:

Bolat Kabyzhanov gets a help from unknown sponsor

Meanwhile, a happy chess player, having had two points after 3 rounds, came to our Press Center to share with us his impressions on the championship:

KG: Bolat, please tell us how did you come to chess?

BK: I started playing chess at the age of 9. My mom presented me a chess board and since then I love this game.

KG: I know that you keep participating in many chess competitions of national and international levels. You are even a silver medalist of the World Blind and Deaf Chess Championship 2012 which was organized in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Tell us about that championship a bit

BK: It was a very big tournament with many participants from many federations, like Russia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Italy, Great Britain. The composition was very strong. I missed a little bit to win it.

KG: Let me once again congratulate you with the silver medal, it is a great achievement. Please tell us how do you find the organization of this championship?

BK: Taking this chance, I would like to once again thank Dr. Jordan for providing so nice conditions for the chess players. The organization of the championship is on a very high level. The arbiters’ team work professionally. The assistants help in any request.

KG: Chess in Kazakhstan is developed very well. How about the chess for disabled? Do you have a support from the government for instance?

BK: Yes, the chess competitions for disabled players on a city, regional and national level are organized on a regular basis. As far as the participation of our chess players in international tournaments is concerned, they also try to land an assistance.

KG: I have learnt that before coming here, you have received a support from an unknown private sponsor who helped you to make this trip true. Please tell us a bit about that.

BK: My students addressed our national TV company and told about the championship in Dresden. It was mentioned in one of the news program, I did not know about that and was very much surprised and pleased that right after the news was on air, I have got many phone calls from people who were ready to help me. I was very happy. Let me take this opportunity and thank all those people who were ready to help.

KG: After three rounds you have got 2 points. Tell us about today win, congratulations on it, by the way.

BK: it was a very sharp game. From the very beginning, my opponent was playing very well. At one point I made a blunder and he got almost a winning position. Later on he made a mistake and I could convert a winning position to a win.

KG: I wish you a successful tournament. I hope you will show good results. Thank you for joining us in the Press Center

BK: thank you so much. I thank the organizing committee and wish all participants health and victories.

Interview in Russian language